torsdag 2. oktober 2014

The start of the journy!



Hello everybody! My name is Tea, I’m 14 years old and I come from Norway. In a couple of days I am going to 2 cities in the USA, Washington D.C. and New York, because I’m in a study group of American history. In this blog, you’re going to learn with me and see all of the spectacular things I’m going to see. My expectations are high, but my biggest request is to have fun of course. I hope it’s going to be an outstanding journey and I hope to see, learn and do all of the things on my list, but it’s a very big list and I can’t hope too much. But something I know I can do, like eat good pizza in New York. Yes, that actually stands on my list, I like food.

In this first blog post we are looking at the preparation, hotels and what flight I’m taking to the two cities, which was the cheapest and what was most comfortable. You know, as a fourteen year old girl I can’t exactly afford it all. And of course a hotel, my study group teacher has picked one but we all have to help with the money.



The preparations was easy, all I have done was just pack some clothes, my toilet bag and my camera. And of course some note books for all the info and facts I was going to learn. I packed one suitcase and that was it. I also packed down and extra bag for all the stuff I want to and will buy. I have packed my school books to and made a plan of the things I have to do.






The cheapest flight was with Norwegian, it was a cost on just 1 499 NOK. That was defiantly a winner. I am going to take the flight to New York 11:10 am and landed 13:15 pm. It’s a six hours’ time difference from Oslo to New York so jet lag is something you can count on. Therefore it’s good to take travel medications before the flight. To Washington D. C. we’re going to take the train together from New York and that will take a little over 3 hours and didn’t cost a lot, just 315 NOK. The cost of the flight home was another 3600 NOK




The teacher of the group picked a hotel called New York Hilton Midtown in New York; it was 1000 NOK for one night, and in Washington D.C. he picked The Henley Park Hotel; it was 945 for one night. We all had to agree to the hotels since it was a little expensive but all of us did. We were going to stay 2 nights in each city, so the price will be a little over 3500 NOK for hotels. It was ok for all of us since we all had saved money for a little over a year and we could afford it.


We all are going to meet at Gardermoen and off we go to the USA!

1 kommentar:

  1. En veldig god start på bloggingen, med en utfyllende intro. Du har svart på alt oppgaven spør om, du har god flyt og god grammatikk. Flott! Tenk litt på lengde på setningene, slik at du ikke får så lange setninger. Lykke til videre med bloggingen, gleder meg til å følge deg videre på turen :)

    SvarSlett